Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

Springtime Spritzer

About two rays of sunshine managed to peep through the dark skies of Scotland yesterday. I took that as a sign of spring. Ok, so it happened between downpours of rain but still... In the afternoon a rainbow appeared in the sky so again, I took this as a messenger of that most hopeful of seasons, spring.

In honor of this last night I made my husband and I a "Springtime Spritzer". It's a glittery light drink, so simple to make. Before we drank them my husband took this beautiful picture. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Sparkling mineral water
small squeeze of fresh lemon
small squeeze of fresh lime
one drop of Stevia if desired

I like my spritzers dry so I didn't add the stevia, but if you like a bit of sweet, feel free. It's a case of first of all finding a nice glass, something tall and elegant. My husband actually managed to break one of our glasses in the process whilst juggling three courgettes (zucchinis). So I guess beware of nearby juggling vegetables?!

Once you have found the fancy glass just squeeze in about ten drops of lemon followed by ten drops of lime. Then fill the glass with the sparkling water. Get a slice of lime for each glass and cut halfway into it, then pop it on the top of the glass. Throw in a straw and there you have it - the promise of springtime in a glass!






No comments:

Post a Comment